Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Ok. I'm back. the computer changed to typing Chinese so I had to end the first message. As we were saying. All of us are doing well and we can't wait to come home. We got Hannah on Monday around 10am. We signed guardianship papers that day and brought her back to the hotel. Tuesday we had to go back to the Civil Affairs office and sign permanent adoption papers and pay all the fees. She is now officially ours. We just have to wait for her Visa and Passport paperwork now. Then we can come home.

She sleeps through the night and plays during the day. Her appetite seems to be better today than yesterday or the day before. She has eaten very well today and is taking a nap right now. Emilea is taking a nap too. She has some friends coming over later to watch a movie with her. Another family here with us have 3 children traveling with them as well as their newly adopted daughter. And Emilea is enjoying the big kid playtime. Emilea is doing great at being a Big Sister. She is making us all so very proud. She told Hannah yesterday that "she was glad she was with us" She is getting a joy from feeding her and pushing her in the stroller. We went shopping yesterday and bought them both some toys and they have been playing together well.

We hope everyone there is doing well and we can't wait to see everyone and be able to be home. We send our love to everyone and Glenda sends a big hug and kiss to Ryah! We are glad she is doing well and is increasing her weight. We hope she can come home soon!
Love and miss you guys!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great! Great! Great!
Words cannot express how happy I am for you all. I, as I'm sure all of us are, am wondering how Hannah's feet are doing. I'm sure now that she has a loving FAMILY to care for her that she will be just fine. I am so looking forward to meeting my new niece. I'm also looking forward to photos of the complete family.
Prayers and hugs,
Love Always
Jan

Anonymous said...

We love hearing from you during your travel to China. Very sorry to hear about Hannah's little foot. We will certainly keep her in our prayers. She's had to deal with a lot for such a young age but what a wonderful family she has now. So happy for you all. Can't wait to see some of your pictures.
Susan, Kristi and Mandy (No Limits)

Anonymous said...

You guys can't imagine how happy we are for you both and Emilea. This is such a wonderful time filled experience. You have so much excitement and God filled joy.

Please know that we have been thinking and praying for you all and can't wait to see you all.

Love,
The Walker Family